Monday, February 21, 2005

Insignificant Microbe

I couldn't resist. I had to become part of TTLB Ecosystem. The categories are so interesting and insightful and enticing. I suppose I should be ashamed to admit it but I love being an INSIGNIFICANT MICROBE (as if any of us are anything more in this incredible universe).

Anybody remember The Sand Pebbles, a good book later made into a movie starring Steve McQueen? The main character struggles with the insignificance of his acts but still tries to do the right things. He is just one tiny sand pebble amidst the millions of others. Being an INSIGNIFICANT MICROBE reminds me of that. Of course if this is entirely too humbling I can always aspire towards achieving the more lofty status of WIGGLY WORMS, SLIMY MOLLUSCS (sic), or SLITHERING REPTILES. Do I dare mention in the same breath what the big boys (and girls) have achieved like the mighty HIGHER BEINGS, MORTAL HUMANS, PLAYFUL PRIMATES and LARGE MAMMALS?

I do alot of blog crawling. It's so compelling and I confess it is the primary reason I don't post much. I'm way too busy checking out what everyone else is saying and how they are saying it. I have so much to learn.
Anyway, it seems to me I come across a lot of LARGE MAMMALs. Funny that I don't see any other admissions. For example I have NEVER seen a blogger admit to being a FLAPPY BIRD, or FLIPPERY FISH or CRUNCHY CRUSTACEAN much less an INSIGNIFICANT MICROBE (as I have done). So I'm wondering if this is like the mystery of revealing your true age and/or weight, which I never understood. Isn't it pretty obvious? Just how much can one fool others but, more importantly why does anyone try?