Sunday, April 10, 2005

Spring Blizzard in Denver

Yes! It's a white-0ut. I can't even see across the street. The city is expecting 5 to 10 inches and up to 30 inches in other parts of the state.
I picked a large bouquet of hyacinths yesterday. The temperature was 67 degrees.
We have experienced a nearly 40 degree drop in less than 12 hours which isn't all that unusual for this time of year. Welcome to Springtime in the Rockies!
Watching the snow accumulate, I'm sorry I didn't cut more flowers. It's the optimist in me. I actually believe there is a chance they will recover even after being smashed from the heavy weight of the snow.
Today would be a great day to post pictures, blog and pontificate. But I'm suffering from a lousy cold and can barely keep my head up. My thinking is as blurry and shrouded as the blowing snow outside. I'm going back to bed.