Sunday, December 04, 2005

No news can be good news

While visiting family and friends, I excused myself from most of the news. I did not watch television except for the weather reports and I did not read the newspapers or surf the net. I can't say I'm any worse for it. But I did miss my favorite bloggers who are thankfully more diligent in their posting than I am and whose fecundity I continue to admire.

Thanksgiving was fun. I generally enjoy being with my family even if we don’t see each other very often and rarely agree on anything. We are a diverse but interesting group and mostly forgiving of each others transgressions.

In addition to the usual holiday festivities of eating well and playing cards, I celebrated my 49th birthday. I vacillate between feelings of disbelief and marvel.
Birthdays have never been a big deal for me, so I’m surprised by my feelings of both shock and awe.

The niners have always been interesting. Apparently, I have always looked older than my years and/or demonstrated a compelling need to deceive because I have been asked on several occasions just how many times have I turned 29, 39 or 49? I laugh and insist this is the first and last time, like no one can believe anyone could actually be that age?

Anyway, I have a new digital camera which means I can finally update my photo and post more pictures.