Monday, February 28, 2005

Iraqi Statue (good news from Iraq)

I first saw this picture at Americanwarmonger titled Images of hope 17. I was struck with the power it conveyed and wondered why I had never seen it anywhere else.
Jeremy has a great site which is worth checking out and since he beat Dr.Sanity one of my favorite bloggers out of the King of Blogs crown, I'm now supporting his quest (so to speak) and encouraging others to do so also.
I will warn you Dear Readers, Jeremy does cowtow to the judges. His site used to blast you with "Indie music" way before the text and graphics loaded. I was always amused and entertained but if you didn't care for it, even the most technically challenged person (like me) could click to stop it.
I also loved ALL the flags in the sidebar offering language translations. It was gracious and accomodating and so GLOBAL enabling just about anyone in the world with access to read his site. What a big thinker! Besides it was colorful and pretty. But oh no, the judges thought it was excessive...so he changed it.
Well I'm only 1 blogger amongst millions with little or no traffic but I do wonder how far he or anyone will go to please the judges.
All kidding aside. Good luck Jeremy and thanks for the photo of the Iraqi statue as well as your on going commentary and insights on the military, current affairs and independent music.