Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Was 2005 a good year for you? Do you hold high hopes for 2006?

Regardless of the events of the past year, I am usually hopeful that the coming year will bring good things. No matter what my future plans and commitments may be, a new calendar and all its blank uncluttered days presents to me an array of possibilities and promises, where even the unimaginable can happen. This is, of course, short lived. The hours and the days fill up with the mandatory and mundane, appointments, errands and various obligations.

The allure of what could be is eclipsed by the reality of what is. I think a lot of people are cheered and comforted by things written down on calendars, or at least what it represents; that is knowing where they will be and what they will be doing as well as when they will be doing it.

I realize that without any plans no one could accomplish much and I wonder if I planned more and made more commitments that I might actually accomplish more. On the other hand, I like the idea of allowing and accomodating various possibilities, a little like expecting the unexpected.

So whether you prefer a year jammed pack with activities and events or something less calculated and determined, I hope 2006 brings you all much health and happiness, chock full of promise and possibilities.
I'm beginning to think it may for me.