Wednesday, December 14, 2005

One step forward, Two steps back

I was playing around with templates the other day and lost all my links, including my comments and all my "add-ons". Reconstructing everything has been frustrating and time consuming. The foolish thing is, from all my efforts, I have barely achieved what I had before, not that that was ever exceptional. You might think that this was a perfect opportunity to "start over", a chance to significantly change and improve the original. But oh no. I want what I had only better. Now how many times has that been muttered I wonder. Anyway, I have made significant progress.

The only thing I have failed to retrieve is the code for TTLB ecosystem. Apparently I still exist within their system but I can't get my rankings to appear on my site. Not that I should care, since they have slipped from a (once almost stellar ) Slithering Reptile to the banal but justifiable classification of Multicellular Microorganism. Despite this giddy rise and fall in The Truth Laid Bears traffic tracking universe, I am still captivated by their designations and even wrote a post about being an Insignificant Microbe. Regardless of my own ranking, I find all the classifications to be amusing and surprisingly appropriate.

My posts have been erratic and mostly esoteric. A kind reader once commented on my "eclectic mix ." Hmmm. I don't think he has ever been back. Of course if I was really interested in increasing my readership I could post more often, mention Brittany Spears occasionally and even sex it up a bit. But that is highly unlikely.

Meanwhile, I will attempt to control my slippery fingers, learn more about html, use my time more constructively and hopefully become a better blogger.

Did I mention I spent 2 days connecting another laptop to my home network? It is now fully operational. But my more reasonable, dare I say, rational friends paid 80 dollars to have comparable work done in less than an hour. It's a good thing I don't make my living doing this.