Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bound for Japan

I'm leaving for Japan with the Colorado Recorder Orchestra early Monday morning (Nov. 6) and I am so excited I'm bouncing off walls. I'll be gone 13 days. We have 3 concerts scheduled, a couple of receptions and several rehearsals. Most of our time will be evenly split between Tokyo, Yamagata and Kyoto and we'll be riding the trains. I love trains and am especially interested in riding the very fast and efficient Bullit. But it will feel real good to get some exercise and fresh air. So I have researched self guided walking tours in Kyoto and Tokyo.
Sadly I will not be taking my laptop. I hope to visit some internet cafes. If I can figure it out, I will post some pictures and remarks.
Otherwise don't look for anything from me until I return after the 18th.
Sayonara. Ja, mata.