Wednesday, January 04, 2006

More MSM Misrepresentation

"The mine's owner...did not immediately confirm that the 12 other men were alive." Immediately confirm? How about never confirmed? So Allen G. Breed from the Associated Press got the story wrong and almost every paper in the country printed it. " Miracles happen", They're alive" were some of the headlines in Denver.

I wanted to believe the miner's were alive and I wanted to believe the source. Afterall the same story was everywhere, television, radio and print. I guess everyone wanted to believe it but that didn't make it true.

The whole thing is so sad. I'm sorry for the fallen workers and for all their families and friends. I'm sorry for the elevated expectations and the dashed hopes. And I'm sorry for the inevitable blame game that will surely follow.